Quote:

My boyfriend of a year and a half has had Hep C Stage 4 for several years now and just started on the Pegasis about 6 weeks ago. He's definitely going thru it right now with the side affects but we try to maintain our relationship. Is it possible, maybe, because we don't use protection, for me to have side affects from the Pegasis he is currently taking? I'm having similar symptoms to his and that is the only explanation I can come up with.

Hi ledford....your concerns are warranted, but there is the best of two risks, meaning trying to live with Hep "C"or doing the Pegasus medication and having a full recovery or not having the virus anymore. I chose Pegasus after 9 years of dealing with Hep C from a Tattoo to where my liver was failing and luckily I goton the Pegasus drug before I was not a candidate. Your freind will goo through a series of tests to determine if she is a good candidate or not and than go through several more months of subjective learning how to deal with the side effects and give yourself the injections which are sucutaniously done. I was cleared of my virus 6 months after starting the injections and will report since 2005 Hep C negative and feel better than ever before with no more stomach problems and energy pre 1995. I have done follow ups first yearly than bi-yearly and now only have to go back every 4 years. STILL NEGATIVE no return, and this will be determined how you follow the program and the life style you lead. I feel it was well worth the sickness I endured the first 2-3 weeks for a couple of days each time I did my injection.

Good Luck   

Thanks for the information....I just started treatments.  I had 2 shots, and already my platlets are low. I am new to this, but I am hopeful and feel blessed that there is a cure for my hep-c.  I know it is not going to be an easy road.  I am looking forward to the outcome.

call the patient advocate foundation 1-800-532-5274

I had similar problems I went to 10 mos out of a year, told my dr to take a hike to put it mildly, 2 yrs after still developing worsening issues, before treatment i healthy and stong just had some minor fatigue, now cause of treatment everything has changed, neuropathy, depression,weakness, shingles,muscles hurt all the time, fibromyalgia type pain, joint pain and stiffness, numbness in some extremeties that seem to travel and memory loss alot of times.

I had hep c from a blood tansfusion on 1988 and wasn't discovered until December 2011
Anyway I've taken my first interferon injection 3 days ago and I don't feel any side effects at all.
Just a headache which can be for any other reason.
This is making me very worried because I've taken the injection by myself and I'm afraid I made anything wrong.

I did the pegasus and riboflavin plus i had to do the the nupegen to stay alive the whole year was a nightmare ! But i am cured of hep c i did the treatment in 6-2008. I am grateful to be alive.But still am fatigued and have osteoporois of the spine blurred vision and my memory is not to good '' But i'm ALIVE !!!

I was diagnosed with HepC genotype 1A about 25 years ago.  It never bothered me and my viral count always stayed low.  About 4 1/2 months ago my Doctor told me about a new treatment with Pegasys, ribavirin and Incivik.  He said that my latest blood test showed that my viral load was very low (38k copies) and that was good time to try and stamp it out.  The incivek was only for the first 12 weeks and then for the last 6 it's been the peg/ribavirin.   I only have 6 weeks left and honestly, besides a low grade fever feeling, a little fatigue and headache, I was quite lucky with the side effects.   Now in the last month or so, I've begun to get extreme anxiety out of the blue. It usually happens from sleep. I'll wake up and be in fresk mode for a couple of hours or so till it leaves just as fast as it came?  It almost feels like dope sick without the physical part if that makes sense, just the high anxiety.  I only have 6 weeks left as I stated but lately this has been happening evry week and sometimes twice a week.  Anyone else having this symptome?

hi its been 1 month since i started taking Pegasus,ribovirin  and incivik i am i have been doing well so far, i do experience headaches.and sometimes i get tired very easily but i must say this treatment is going well for me....already my doctor is seeing good results,,, so i look forward to getting cured and am so thankful this treatment has me on the road to recovery.......

genetech makes pegasys and copegus makes pegasys acccess soloutuins apply for assistance www,pciplan.com or www.healthcare.gov 866-717-5826 vertex pham copay help

EeeeGads!!! Going through all that and the doctors don't tell you how toxic Tylenol is to the liver !? They're such "deep pocket money grubbers" that they even put it in Vicodin. Like, as if an oppioade needs more pain killer. I have Hep-C with accute osteo-arthritis and my insurance wouldn't cover my 10/325 Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen, until I stomped my foot and expressed my liver couldn't handle four 5/500 equaling 2000 mg of Tylenol a day as opposed to breaking two 10/325 equaling 650 mg of Tylenol. DUH! I'm a baby boomer and a ex hyppie from the 60's. Smoked pot, ate mushrooms and a 70's disco girl that did the occasional line of coke with the proverbial $100 dollar bill. Went on a cruise liner in in 89. A month later turned yellow and went to the ER. Got the shock of my life when they told me I was making anti-bodies for Hep-B(from eating contaminated oysters in the Cairabean) AND! antibodies for Hep-C. NEVER EVER was an IV drug user back in the day. Top Gastroloigist said that millions of baby boomers were testing POS with Hep-C and explained that rolled up money was smuggled in and out of jail while being Hep-C active and snorted up the nose back in the free population. That made it very clear as to how so many people having it and not having a clue where they got it. I have Genome type 1 with a count of 950,000. Gloccoma runs in the family along with depression. My doctor told me I wasn't a good candidate because the interferon/rivavaron could equal suicide and blindness. (not in that order). Sorry. Bad humor. The good news is there is some new treatment I'm volunteering for that works, minus hair loss and all the horrible BS that goes with it. Old buddy had Genome type 1 with a 9 MILLION count. He is now with a clean bill of health and only went through half the amount of time it would have taken. Now THAT's what I'm talkin about! I'll keep you posted and to my fellow Hep-C brothers and sisters,keep positive thinking and faith in the Lord. Forgive my horrible grammer. God Bless.

I went through it too. You are not alone. The best advice is do not drink alcohol like I did. The damage the pegasus does is greatly upped by alcohol. I figured I was cured so My liver was OK. It affected my heart very bad. AFIB constant and valve problems but liver is fine. Wish someone would have warned me. I am now sober for over 6 mos. Thank GOD for AA. Praise him that would save a wretch like me.

contact the companies that make the meds they will assist you according to your income.

That is great , I have taken this drug back in 2005 , took it for 3 months , and viral count went to zero, and I did not have as bad of a reaction that I read about on this page. Knock on wood, however, I don't see as good as I did, thinking and memory is not as sharp. Now it is 2012 and the virus has returned, I am getting my first shot tomorrow. Will keep a good attitude and hope for the best. I read on someone blog that they had a 200,000 count, now that’s high I believe mine was 60,000 just 2 percent over the norm