I use provera but it's a pill and not the shot. I only take it the first 14 day of the month to get a period. I've been reading different posts and I'm confused. Is it possible to get pregnant while taking provera? I'm just wondering and I need to have a talk with my ob/gyn. I don't want to be on birth control I'm trying to get pregnant before I get to old. If I can't become pregnant before to long then I want to look into having everthing taken out because it never function right in the first place. %-)

Hi:
There is also a slim chance, usually about 1%, that you can get pregnant while using the pill. Even when you are using it correctly. Depo provera is administered by a shot. Be sure that you don't want to give birth to your own biological children before you have everything removed. I don't know what your complications have been, but perhaps with a second opinion you can find options to relieve your symptoms without having surgery. That would be a permanent move. I hope that you will really take your time to consider all of your options, including the ups and downs of being a mother and the results of having surgery. I wish you the very best. Let us know how things turn out for you.

I have pcos and it causes my period to be irregular all the time. So I was put on the provera to regulate it. I was just wondering how will you know if it's regulated if you still take the pill. It usually comes on around the 15-17th but it didn't come on at all last month so I called my doctor any she told me to keep taking the pill and it came on the 1 of may and stayed of for a week. I'm thinking that maybe it regular now and wants to come on by it self but by me taking the pill it's confused.

I'm not entirely sure if you can tell this early on. Unfortunately you're going to need to be patient and look for at least two or three months to see how things work out until you can really say what the case really is going to be. I think that it's best for you to just relax for now and try to be patient, which I know is difficult when you're pretty sure that something is going wrong. If you can just hold out for a month or two longer you will be able to tell if your period is going to be irregular or not.

wrong thread oops