Hi

Please help if you can...
I've been on the pill for about 3 months now (well three packs) and i've had one period so far after my second pack (doubled up on the first and second pack which was a disaster because I was spotting right up until I had my period in the break after the second pack) however, About a week and a 1/2 ago was 9 hrs late to take my pill ( I was meant to take it at 10pm that evening and went to bed and woke up and realized I was late so took it at 7 in the morning). My last pill was on Wednesday and its now friday and I haven't got my period yet could I be pregnant or should I wait a few days??? I've never missed a pill and I took my next pill 10pm that evening. My boyfriend and I had sex that evening an hour after I had taken the pill what are the chances of pregnancy???

Pills are 99% effective! So with that percent certainity I can say you are NOT pregnant! When you doubled up, it probably messed you up a bit! It can take upto 6 months for your periods to be right and keep in mind that you could actually have NO periods - depending on which type you are on! So relax OK? Also I tell my boys - and I will tell you - Even with you being on the pill I truly believe the man should wear a condom - this way there will be ZERO chances of pregnancy and getting an STD! So just relax and it should come on shortly! Good luck and health!

Thank you Bambi27, I am sooo grateful for your response, I was a little anxious. But your absolutely right about the condom thing its just part of the reason we decided to go on the pill was because of the irritation I was having while using the condoms. I'm 24 and u'd probably think that its an ok age to have a baby but my boyfriend and I would really like to wait till we're married to have a child and that might not happen for another couple of years. I'm on the Yasmin Pill and I know that its been having a bad rep but its been fine so far so maybe not having a period could be a side effect, either way thank you for your response and all the best xxx

Actually Yaz HAS been shown to stop periods!!! So this is probably what is going on! You can also have your boyfriend ejaculate outside - to RELALY cut down on the chances! It's not as fool proof as a condom of course BUT at least it gives even more ammo against not becoming pregnant! And I commend you for waiting - IF you aren't ready, there is no use pushing the point and not being able to handle or raise a baby at that time! Believe me, after ALL the counselling I have done about "SURPRISE or INTENTIOANL" Pregnancies in young people - as young as 14/16 it is refreshing to have someone realize that waiting is best!