hi....
my boyfriend and i had sex about 9 days ago and i feel that im getting a few of the pregnancy symptoms. I really want to take the home pregnancy test but i dont no if its going to be accurate after nine days....could you please let me no!!!!!!!

Home pregnancy tests are most accurate after your first missed period. You can take certain tests during the time you're supposed to have your period and even a few days before your expected period but it lessens the chance of the test reading correctly.

If you want the result earlier on then seeing a doctor would be your best bet.

If you are going to try a home pregnancy test keep in mind that they aren't always correct and beware of evaporation lines. Evaporation lines can appear after the amount of time you are supposed to read the test and normally show up as a clear or greyish line.

Hi Guest,

I know how anxious you must be I'm in the same position as you. I've had really strange things going on with my body to: swollen boobs, tired and feeling dizzy and weird with strange rumblings in my lower abdomen. I got an ultra senstive home pregnancy test but I am going to do one this Sunday and then wait until a day or two after my period is due. I cannot believe that noone has invented an early test. The not knowing is torment even when you are super busy. Of course you could try a blood test at your doctor or clinic, but more than likely they will tell you to come back a week after your period was due. I think if you are tuned into your body you just know!

Good luck!