I need a help in understanding some rules about home pregnancy test.
I have not had a period for two months, but I have taken a pregnancy test, which came back negative.
That was a relief for me but my friend told me that these tests can sometimes make a mistake.
After that first testing I went and bought two more different pregnancy tests and they all came back negative. How much can I be sure now that I got an accurate result and that I’m not pregnant.
Can someone with any pregnancy testing experience help me providing such details?

If you had this kind of problem 10 years ago, it would made me thinking but the modern pregnancy tests are very sensitive so it is unlikely that you are pregnant with a negative pregnancy test two months after your last period.
These modern pregnancy tests measure level of hormone hCG in your urine and that is the most sensitive indicator of pregnancy and gives you an early and accurate result.
Yes, it is true that sometimes this hormone is rising slower than usual but indicators on these tests can measure smallest concentrations of hCG so you have no reasons to be worry.
That points as to the fact that your missing period is not connected with pregnancy but with something else like inflammation of Fallopian tubes, ovarytis and similar diseases.

i know this is post is three years old. But in case some one comes across it through a search engine, I just want you say that missing your period for a few months is not an indicate of a disease. I regularly missed period and it was found that my body produced way to much of the hormone prolactin. I was put on bromocripten and the problem has since been rectified so don't be too worred that you may have some terrible disease. It may just be an hormone imbalance

And yes sometimes pregnancy test can be wrong my cousin and my second cousins both cant test by pregnancy test they actually have to go into the doctor and go through there blood stream to find out

Hi, I also know this post is very old, but for people like myself who are online looking for updated information, I hope this answer helps.

I have been pregnant 3 times and only have 1 child. With my first pregnancy I tested and got negative results up until I was 17 days late for my period. Then it finally showed up positive. I have a healthy boy.

We have been trying now for 4 years to get pregnant again and in July I got pregnant. It wasn't until September10 that I got a positive result, I had 10 negative tests, before one finally came up positive.

I had a miscarriage a few weeks later. But it is now December and I am pregnant again. I have tested every morning for the past week and all negative results. Yesterday morning I finally had a positive result.

It really does depend on how much hormones are in your body at the time you test, first thing in the morning is best, but if there still isn't enough HCG in your urine you may get a false negative result.

If you get a positive result you are pregnant! Even if it is very very very faint if it is positive, you are pregnant ,unless it is a thin grey evaporation line. If the line is the same color as the test line then it is positive.

Believe me I have many years experience with tests :-)

4 years ago i took about 20 tests, i was late- all came back negative- after2 weeks with out a period i made an appt. at my dr. luckily- he did a blood test i was pregnant. but my progrestone level was low and needed medication to keep from having a miscarriage. my little girl is 3 now! proof tests can be wrong!