Hello all! I was wondering how common are evaporation lines on pregnancy tests? My last normal period was 5/2/09,which would make me about 15 weeks pregnant now. I had unprotected sex on the 16th and also took Plan B. I'm not on birth control or anything like that. Since then, I have had very scanty periods (1 day at most) during my expected time AF should show up. I've had bloating, fatigue, tons of acne, and cramps (never had before) since the "incident". Also, I have taken 8 different brands of pregnancy tests since then, all which have showed up very very very faint lines after the alloted time (20 min - 1 hour). I have a feeling they are evaporation lines but am confused because I don't know if evaporation lines are that common to get eight in a row. Are they? Any thoughts or similar experiences? I just feel pregnant and when I tell people they think I'm crazy because apparently if I were I would get a very strong positive on a pregnancy test, so I would like to get some opinions. ? ? :-D

They sound like evaporation lines - I'm not saying that you AREN'T pregant though! Before I started supporting people on here. I would have told anyone that HPT are 100% correct. BUT now it is AMAZING just how many women are actually pregnant even thought the HPT tests say negative!! So since you are DEFINITEL having symptoms of pregnancy, I would like you to go to either your family doctor or a Planned Pregnancy Centre and get a blood test! This is 100% decisive! IF that shows negative, I would like you to ask for a pelvic/Internal Vaginal Ultrasound! This will determine if you have an Ovarian Cyst! Which can TOTALLY mimic pregnancy symptoms. Don't be afraid about this term though OK? MANY women get cysts, most just go away on there own! Below is a link regarding ovarian cysts, but I would really like you to go get a blood test 1st and foremost OK? And please let me know how you make out!!!Good luck and health!

http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/725/main.html

I agree with Bambi on this. If there's any sort of ambiguity then it's definitely best for you to get a blood test which is much more reliable! If you've got more than a few questions about it then it's definitely too vague for you to act on. Does that make sense? How are you feeling?

Thank you guys for answering! I read the symptoms of ovarian cysts and that does not seem exactly what is going on. I'm not having intense pain, just more cramping than usual. I showed my "evap lines" to an OB/GYN who I work with and he said looks like a pos to him. I am nervous but still excited. I guess anxious is a better word to describe it! I am getting a blood test done tomorrow, so I will let you know the results. Thanks again! Being in this situation has made me realize a lot of women have confusion about whether they are preg or not which seems funny because so many women "just know". Anyways, I will update in a couple days.

I totally agree--women's health is such a mystery to so many women unfortunately so you have to end up doing stuff like this! Can you tell me what the results of your blood test ended up being? Let me know how you're doing okay? :-)