I've been on the pill for 2 months. I've taken my pill perfectly same time everyday. It's now day 3 of my plaecbo week and still no period. Took a test. At 2 minutes it was negative, but when I looked at it about 2 hours later I saw this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/tears4fears91802/Picture350.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/tears4fears91802/Picture348.jpg

I know you disreguard the results after 10 minutes but this line could have appeared between the 2 and 10 mark. Am I pregnant???

by the look of the faint blue line i would sasy you very well could be but my best bet to you is to wait 5/7 days then do another one mayby then the answer will show up more clearer good luck

No, this is called an evaporation line, it is the urine drying up inside the test. Which is why you should never read a test outside the time frame.

it doesn't mean you a pregnant. do you really think if you were pregnant it would suddenly show 2 hours later? Of course not!

I've had evaporation lines on tests before when I went back to them hours later and I wasn't pregnant.

thank you so much for the reassurance!!

I took that test yesterday Feb 5th, and today I retested and it was a sure fire negative and I saw no evap lines. So it's safe to assume I'm not pregnant?

If you have taken your pill correctly the chances of a pregnancy are very very tiny!!! And of course, since you are new to the pill, missed and irregular bleeds are common.

However, My general rule is that we wait until we bleed again until we rule out pregnancy. But I wouldn't worry too much. That test you took was a negative. You shouldn't read it after the allocated timeframe has passed.

dont you think just buying another test would be an easy solution?...if its still unsure results go to a doctor and have your blood drawn..in about a day or two your blood work will be back and it will test positive for an HCG hormone which is found only in pregnant women...if not then you're in the clear...many women miss periods due to stress, change in eating habits, even lack of sleep can affect your menstreual cycle...

One day late for my period...I took 2 Equate tests and 2 Life brand test (the cheapest tests you can buy) within a one week span after missing. Each test came in negative within the 10 min span, but curiosity killed me and I checked an hour later and they ALL had the 'your prego' lines. I have 3 kids, so am pretty familiar with these tests and these 'post one hour lines' have never occurred. Not sure I was up for a 4th, so was seriously freaking out!!! I went out to buy the 'early response test' - money well invested! I check that sucker after 3 hours and there were no evaporation lines indicating you 'may or not be pregnant' it was a simple NO! Best dollars I ever spent.

My advice - buy the Early Response test, so you don't have to worry or wonder about those silly evap. lines.