My periods are quite irregular, but come every 32 to 40 days.

So on the 24th of July (It was the 35th day of my cycle and I hadn't come on so) I took a Home Pregnancy test (the last time I had sex was on the 2nd of july so the test should have been accurate because it had been three weeks since the intercourse.

and it was negative, thankfully.

then I got my period (which was quite heavy, as usual) two days later. So I thought everything was ok right?

well now 4 days after i took the test I was emptying the trash in the bathroom and found my test, but to my surprise there was a very very faint line....

This worried me quite a bit, but I shouldnt be pregnant because My period came on the 38th day so it wasn't late, I doubt it is implantation bleeding because it is a heavy heavy flow (as usual), not just light spotting.

also the test wouldnt show a result after four days would it? It would show it in 5 minutes like it is supposed to!

I think what has happened is that the control window of the test contains a small sample of a synthetic hCG or something? and it contaminated the line in the window...

And this line is very very very faint, you can barely just see it.

the instructions said not to look at results after 15 minutes of taking the test... so does this mean that after a long time the results window will show as well?

am I ok?

Quote:

Evaporation lines, as the name suggests are caused due to evaporation of the urine in then test area. These are lines that shows in the result window of the test, exactly where a positive sign would be. An evaporation line develops when the urine on the test area begins to dry, leaving a faint, usually colorless line. Evaporation lines appear to show up (or not show up) as a result of the composition of the particular urine specimen - and they may appear on any test regardless of brand.

I found this, is it an evaporation line then? It has been very hot here so the urine would have evaporated....

sorry Hi

Quote:

Missed Reaction Time
For accuracy in home pregnancy tests it is essential that you read the test results in the stipulated reaction time. If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid. This may cause it to show false positive results.

so this is it then?

can someone please confirm it for me?

You can only read the test in the given time frame. A positive result 4 days later would definately be from evaporation lines.