My mother has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and has to start with the therapy that includes use of Diclofenac. Even though she is not a fan of medications (even though she is 60 years old) she understands she has to take her medication. Still, she lives a healthy life that includes eating veggies and fruit. Is it true that Diclofenac interacts with grapefruit?

Diclofenac comes from NSAID group of drugs and as such, has its good and bad sides. Good side is effective dealing with the symptoms of RA (joint pain, morning stiffness), but the bad side is the possibility of side effects showing up. As for grapefruit, unfortunately I have heard several stories in which grapefruit helped side effects in faster occurring. I am not so sure in the exact mechanism, but I would watch out for that particular fruit.