What do you people have to say about the drug diclofenac when taken for gout or arthritis? I have a pretty bad case of arthritis and I am considering starting medication, so all the information that you have is welcome at this point! I just wanted to know what the side effects of diclofenac are?

The list of side effects for diclofenac is quite long, and it would scare anyone to hear that diclofenac can be responsible for heart disease and an increased chance of heart attacks. Ulceration and bleeding are also among the side effects of diclofenac, and that is not all! Renal failure and liver problems can also infrequently occur. Now choose between all that and arthritis!

Wow, the way in which you present it, it sounds like diclofenac is a death trap! That is hardly the case. Of course there are side effects, as with all drugs, but all of those things do not come together in one and the same patient, and in fact, I heard only 2 percent of patients taking diclofenac has to come off it and switch to another drug eventually. No, not for a heart attack, but mainly due to intestinal complaints.