I have heard one fact that Diclofenac should be avoided with prolonged exposure to sunlight. I wonder if that is true, that Diclofenac may increase the sensitivity of your skin to sunlight. My friend told me I should use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing when exposure to the sun. I have also heard it is common side effect patient experience rapid weight gain because of fluid retention. All this worried me so I want to hear more about Diclofenac.

Diclofenac is medicine used to reduce pain, inflammation and stiffness caused by many conditions. Those recommended conditions are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, abdominal cramps associated with menstruation, and ankylosing spondylitis. There is possible that some serious side effects occur while taking Diclofenac. Then you should stop taking this drug and seek medical treatment or call your doctor immediately. Some of side effects are an allergic reaction, muscle cramps, numbness, and tingling ulcers in the mouth. It is reported that black, bloody, or tarry stools, seizures, blood in your urine and vomiting may happen during therapy with Diclofenac. Rare, but also reported by some patients are decreased hearing or ringing in the ears, yellowing of the skin and eyes, abdominal cramping, indigestion, and heartburn. Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur, and those do not require immediate discontinuing of therapy. You should continue to take Diclofenac, but talk to your doctor. That is case if you experience dizziness or headache, nausea, gaseousness, diarrhea, or constipation and depression.