My daughter is in depression for several years. She has started with therapeutic sessions and takes medicament therapy too. She has tried to commit suicide two times and I am very worried for her mental state. I always consult with her psychiatrist (even though I should not do that). I am so concerned. Will pseudoephedrine help her? Is it an antidepressant?

Unfortunately, pseudoephedrine has some completely different effect. It is used with severe colds, in order to prevent nasal obstruction, which could be caused by bigger secretion. I think that you have been misinformed, pseudoephedrine cannot help your daughter. She should continue with her therapies and treatments, and even though it sis not allowed, you can continue with those consults of yours.

I am suffering from depression and so far nothing nothing has helped me. Tried it all SSRI the prescription way, 5htp vitamins good diet exercise detox all my life trying to find that cure. By the way Im 47. God and behold I get stuffy nose and since I dont do well with new created medicine I decided to get Sudafed. I cut the pill in half took the half after work and within an hour I felt so normal no depression. I was trying to figure out which vitamin I took today which one I didnt to figure out what made me feel so normal, I felt like a million dollars brand new I can think clearly I had normal amount of energy to actually go grocery shopping after work (I cant do anything after work except make it home and be miserable all nite) Then it dawned on me I took Sudafed and started to google it if it helps depression IT DOES. If you are going to try it for your daughter start very small amount and see how she reacts to it for me so far it is a lifesaver. Big pharma has it all wrong. Seratonin is not what heals depression it is dopamine. SSRI and all of those serotonin pills are actually depressing us more!!! Sudafed ingridient is doing something with dopamine receptors. WOW how could I have gone so long believing the lie about serotonin and wondering why are they even prescribing that to people. Try watching videos about SSRI they the medical field doesnt even know how the SSRI are actually helping people so in other words we are the gunie pigs. Try to sudafed get your kid off their killer pills and research everything before putting in your body.
God bless

I have seen the same effect. I had assumed for years my allergies were making me "tired" but no other symptoms at times except what seemed like depression. Just yesterday I was experiencing this. I could not deal with anything or think clearly. I also take Claritin along with the Sudafed for my "allergies" so I took on along with a 12 hour Sudafed and within an hour I could feel the clarity returning. The rest of the day I was energetic and optimistic - 100% normal. Its amazing. I usually have to take it almost every day because I really do have allergies due to grasses and different flowering trees, but was I off it for two days. Not sure if that had anything to do with the incident. The ability to fix depression has only come to mind this past 6 months.

I have tried multiple antidepressants and nothing seemed to help me. The only time I felt like a happy person and energetic was when I tried to lose weight and took Phentermine. Well I could only take that for 3 months and my healthcare provider will not prescribe it again for a year. Back to feeling blue. Bad allergies hit and I took a 12 hour Sudafed...Wow! I feel better and happy. I think there is something to the ephedrine and depression in some people. I am starting to do my own research.

Agree it does work! However, even with anti-depressants you will need some therapy!