Hi, I have a question for you. My grandfather is 63 years old and he was recently diagnosed with diabetes. He does not admit it, but he is terrified of that fact. I am afraid he wouldn’t know his way in this situation so I decided to help him anyway I can. First of all, food. I need a diet for diabetics. I know that he must have many restrictions now concerning meals, so I need to know more on diet for diabetics

It’s nice to see someone so concerned about their elder family members. If only there were more people like you. Diet for diabetics is jus one of the four main parameters your grandfather must follow. Other three are: ideal body weight, light exercises every day and even some sort of diabetic meditation. As for diet, I’ll tell you the basics. If we’re talking about type 1 diabetes, then 35 calories/kg are allowed in a day, and for type 2, not more than 1800 calories per day.