Hello, my 7 year old kid has just been diagnosed with asthma and I must admit that I am very concerned for him. Of course, he still does not understand the gravity of the situation, but his life will be somewhat changed from now on. I know that at some point, rather sooner than later, he will have to start taking corticosteroids and some other meds, but can he also use some herbs, Elecampane root for example? Hoe is it used in connection with asthma?

Well, his therapy will be based on the severity of his situation/asthma status. It might be that he will not be given some “strong” meds for a while, and he might actually benefit from those herbal products. As far as Elecampane root is concerned, not only that it helps people with asthma (by dilatation of airway passages in lungs), but it also might be effective for bronchitis, coughing, indigestion, even chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.