Hello, folks. My father has been working with asbestos in a mine for almost 20 years. He was diagnosed asbestosis. I would like to know whether there is a possibility of a home treatment of this disease. It would be great if it could be done. Thanks in advance. Your help will be appreciated.

Hello. Unfortunately, there isn't a cure for asbestosis. The best thing is to end an exposure to asbestos, although it is usually late when discovered. Some folks are prescribed asthma medications for better breathing. There is a possibility of physical therapy and postural drainage or chest percussion in order to evacuate the secretion from respiratory pathways. These patients are usually advised to take flu and pneumonia vaccines occasionally. Oxygen therapy is also prescribed sometimes. Nebulizers are also used sometimes. I hope your brother will be as well as it can be. Bye!