Hello, good people. My friend has been administrated to the hospital due to meningococcal infection. I think that he has an infection of the brain layers. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thank you for answering to my post. I will appreciate it. Bye, folks!

Hello to you too. Meningococcal infection is caused by bacterium called Neisseria meningitidis. It is a Gram-negative coccus. It can manifest in several ways. Infection of brain layers is maybe the most common. It is also known as meningitis. However, it can cause meningococcal sepsis. These are all serious conditions and should be treated in this way. A prompt treatment is required. I hope everything will be all right with your friend.

Hello, guys. Meningococcal infection is indeed a serious medical condition. Neisseria meningitidis can live normally in nose and throat in many people. In this way, it does not cause any symptoms. However, this can sometimes change. A patient must be hospitalized. Antibiotics will be prescribed to him. I hope your friend is getting a proper care that he needs. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, everyone. Neisseria meningitidis is usually transmitted by air. Droplets of respiratory or throat secretion can be transmitted from one person to another. If the contact is prolonged, then there is a greater chance for infection. By prolonged contact I mean kissing, sneezing or coughing at someone, etc. Average incubation period is 4 days. However, its range is between 2 and 10 days. Neisseria meningitidis affects only humans, so there are no animal carriers. It is still unknown why it breaks the deffence in throat and enters the bloodstream. I hope this helps. Bye!