This c**p all started back in August 2010. It started out as a bladder infection. Took some Cipro for it. Only helped some. Symptoms returned, not bad, though. The whole time I had the bladder infection, I also had what the doctor thought was a bacterial infection, so he gave me some Amoxicillin, which only helped a little, and the symptoms where still there, so, went back to the doctor, and he said I maybe had a yeast infection, and put me on Diflucan, and it did help for a while, and then the symptoms returned, and I did still have a bladder infection, so I started taking cranberry pills, which after a couple of months got rid of the infection, but not the symptoms. A couple months ago, I started noticing that I was burning and tingling in my pelvic and vaginal areas, right along with my rectal area, not only that, but if I held my bladder to long that it felt as if I was peeing fire. I have pressure in my legs, abdomen, buttocks, and pelvic areas. I get heartburn as well. Is this IC?

Sounds like a yeast infection or bladder infection.

If your urine shows that it's not a bladder infection then it sounds like you have Interstitial Cystitis. I've had Interstitial Cystitis for 17 months and I have the same symptoms that you have. I had surgery to get an interstim implant put in the nerves in my lower back and that has helped a lot with the pain and made it so I can hold my bladder for hours. I still have to take Vicodin everyday but the implant has helped. I highly recommend seeing a urologist and asking him/her about getting an INTERSTIM IMPLANT.