Hello, I was recently diagnosed w/ Interstitial Cystitis after I've been dealing w/this for almost 3yrs now. I'm on Elmiron, Tramadol, and Amitriptyline. I was told it would be 3 to 6 months before I notice any change maybe even a year. I've found that a cold pack helps w/the pain in the pelvic area where it hurts but is only temporary. What else can help?

WDD

My daughter was diagnosed with this about 4 yrs ago. I hope that you are not dealing with the constant agony that she is!
She has tried all the meds, taken DMSO treatments and had the surgery (can't remember the proper name) where they give her a "highball" of DMSO and stretch her bladder. Unfortunately nothing has worked for her.
The one thing that really seams to help her is her diet. No caffeine, no acidy drink (juices) or food (pasta sauce, ketchup, fruit, etc), no chocolate or yogurt. Do not take aspirin or anti biotics unless absolutely neccessary.
She does take Uristat occasionally to help ease her pain. She also lives on a heating pad.
Hope this helps.
Good luck to you in dealing with this often painfull and devastating ailment.