HI, my brother has been diagnosed recently with Interstitial Cystitis. I have never heard of it before, what kind of disease is it? How bad is it?

Hi, IC is a very unpleasant condition, that has been controlling my life for quite some time before I had it diagnosed and started treatment. Interstitial cystitis is a chronic inflammation of the bladder wall. IC is not an ordinary infection and therefore it does not respond to conventional antibiotic therapy. The worst thing for me was the pain. Something even simple things can become totally intolerable. The frequency of having to urinate is annoying and urgency because it is unbearable to keep urine inside. The worst thing is if you are not realizing and trying to treat UTI with antibiotics, but actually you suffer from IC.

Interstitial cystitis is a chronic condition which can really mess your quality of life. First of all this is chronic condition which is usually presented with a combination of uncomfortable bladder pressure and bladder pain.

This condition is also called painful bladder syndrome and it is usually affecting woman although children and man are no exception.

Unfortunately there is no treatment for interstitial cystitis but there are various options to reduce the symptoms and medications which are offering relief.

One of my friends managed to get relief from the symptoms of interstitial cystitis by changing her diet. I know that she had excluded all the foods which is known to be bladder irritating. You can try this and maybe it will help together with prescribed therapy.