Hi. I suffer from intense pain in the bladder and I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. I have a frequent need to urinate and this is so annoying. What are my treatment options? I heard there is no cure for IC? Will I have to go to a surgery?

Hi. Yes, there is no cure for IC and current treatments are here only to relieve your symptoms. One treatment, or a comb of treatments may be helpful for variable periods. Symptoms may also disappear just like that, due to a change in diet. However, they may return after days or years, nobody knows why. Many patients with interstitial cystitis had improved their condition after a bladder distention. Bladder distention is used as a diagnostic test and initial therapy. Surgery is the option only if all other treatments have failed, and the pain is still here.