Hi everybody. I had a bladder biopsy app 1 year ago. The corium shows vascular congestions and is expanded by an infiltrate of chronic inflammatory cells including lymphocytes, plasma cells and mast cells, etc, etc. To shorten the story - summary follicular cystitis.
Now, 10 months prior I had a bladder infection. I was treated with antibiotics on 5 different occasions. I actually think it may have been thrush as I now know this can cause burning. From that point on I suffered severe digestive problems, skin rash and frequent urination. So, finally, I was sent to a urologist and the bladder biopsy was performed. He put me on antibiotics for three months. I was a little scared of doing this as I had had such a bad reaction to antibiotics before. He was puzzled that there had never been an infection cultured. But still thought antibiotics might help but then might not. What is even worse, before all that started, I my health was excellent.
Then, even after that treatment, problems continued: rash, sores, inflammation. So, by that time I was convinced that my bladder was the key. Therefore I asked around, but nobody could tell me anything about Follicular cystitis. What is it? Should I take antibiotics? How should I treat it??? Thanks

Follicular cystitis is a non-cancerous response to chronic bacterial infection. Treatment options are limited and may overlap with those for interstitial cystitis. You should also consider a potassium sensitivity test which is a tool for detecting bladder sensitivity. On the other hand, pentosan polysulfate sodium and dimethyl sulfoxide are approved for the treatment of chronic cystitis and may be of benefit in your case. Now, regarding the systemic symptoms, if the urological workup is not revealing, you may want to consider a rheumatological workup, including TSH, ESR, ANA and rheumatoid factor levels. Hope this helped.

Hi! Could you please contact me to talk about your condition? I guess I have information. I would like to know if you solve your problem.
Please contact me!!! I beg you! I am in the same situation. Please