I’m currently using Toviaz and Elavil as a treatment for interstitial cystitis, Toviaz to control the constant urge to go and the burning and Elavil to help deal with the pain. When I first started taking it, Toviaz did help at least a bit with how often I needed to urinate, but I still feel I’d have a better life if I didn’t constantly worry about my bladder and bathroom.

I have an appointment with my urologist next week and I’m going to ask him to either change Toviaz for something more effective, or to add something that would improve my bladder control and Vesicare seems to be one of the medications that might help. But can I take it together with Toviaz, if I have to?

I've been suffering from interstitial cystitis for years and my current therapy includes both Toviaz and Vesicare. I had to stop taking Elavil because it didn't really do much for me when it comes to pain management and the side effects I had from it were terrible - from hair loss to almost constant headaches.

So, yes, you can take Toviaz and Vesicare together and you'll probably get better result with the combination because they work somewhat differently, as my urologist told me.

you can be on Toviaz and vesicare at the same time, in fact, it's one of the more common combination of medications to manage symptoms related to interstitial cystitis. But also, if you're not experiencing any side effects from Elavil, than you should continue taking it - before I was started on Elavil, and once it started working, even with Toviaz and Vesicare, the pain I had or more accurately the constant painful sense of urgency, was just as same, only far far less frequent.

There really was nothing else to manage that pain besides Elavil.