I am planning my laser hair removal for some time. There was so many delaying that I almost forgot about it. Some reading in newspaper reminds me about this. There was a story about a woman who had laser hair removal and was complaining about living the salon with bruises. Is this normal to happen after treatments of that kind?

I have heard about that story. I was interested in what will happened and watched closely. It turns out that her bruises where of her husband. She was blaming the salon in order to get some money of them. And about the laser hair removal – I did it my self. I felt like queen in that salon and was astonished with results and had no bruises. Check your self and you see what I am talking about.

I have had it done on all my treatable body parts and for the most part, I have had very few side effects. On the face where my hair was thicker/coarser, I had some edema (swelling) which lasted 2-3 days and was really only noticeable when pointed out. On my legs, I have definitely had bruising (no, I am not abused at home) which lasted 1-2 weeks. It's right where the cryogen hits your leg - they are dime-sized bruises which go through the entire process of turning black-blue to yellow-green to fading away. I wouldn't stop treatment for that because the hair the grows back afterward is so fine, I only have to shave once a week (versus twice a day).

it's real. it happened to me. the formation of bruises would be delayed. i went to a salon.
-bikini area, quite large ovoid bruises, mostly looked like burst capillaries
-underarms: i raised my arm, 1-3 days following procedure (this happened several times on both sides), heard and felt the blood vessel pop. it was accompanied by an uncomfortable feeling and blood visibly pushing the skin outward. not a pleasant experience. i would develop star-shaped bruises in these areas.

there is very little medical information available to clients. asking questions only backfires. welcome to fascism, incompetent whores and decent human beings alike. capitalism/corporatism is key. this is not spam.

i did not use numbing gel though i have never seen any indication that it could serve any physically protective effect beyond decreasing a pain response (and i don't care about pain that is temporary, however the aftereffects i experienced were not part of the package).

my skin is extremely fair.