I'm 21 and have had terrible ingrown hairs mostly in the pubic region ever since I started getting pubic hair when I was around 13. Of course they have gotten worse as I started waxing down there around the age of 16. I've tried every single remedy and have even seen doctors who simply just told me there was no cure. I'm absolutely desperate. The ingrown hairs are terribly painful and unsightly. I've never been able to wear a bikini, change in communal bathrooms, or just anything involving me in my underwear in a public area. I even get embarrassed when my boyfriend sees me naked. Not only do I have a million ingrown hairs that just never seem to disappear, but I've also been left with terrible scarring that have just left me feeling ugly and embarrassed.

Please help me. I've considered laser hair removal but it's incredibly costly.

Sorry, pubic* haha.

Laser hair removal would be a dream comes true, that’s for sure, but reality is reality. As you very well know, the hair in the pubic area is usually curlier and coarser than other areas. Ingrown pubic hair is caused by a hair being cut too short which causes it to break off below the skin. The hair then begins to grow into the side of the follicle and you don’t need me to describe you what happens next. What you need to do is to go to a professional cosmetician, or before you do that, try to exfoliate the skin in the pubic are on your own. The best exfoliating products contain either salicylic or glycolic acids which prevent bacteria from entering the skin once the dead cells are removed and hopefully, ingrown hair released.