I've had a regular period ever since I got it 7 years ago. Five months ago I went on birth control pills - Loestrin 24 fe - and they've been working great with no bad side effects or irregular bleeding. My periods always come either Thursday night or Friday morning of my placebos, and lasts about 6 days. They're usually somewhat heavy, enough to fill up super tampons.

This week though, I didn't start bleeding until Saturday night, and it was an extremely light flow. I filled up about a half a pad on Saturday, and maybe a third of a pad from Sunday afternoon til today (Tuesday), nothing at ALL compared to the beginning of my usual period. Sunday afternoon I had pretty bad diarrhea and I haven't gone "number 2" since. I've had really light cramping all day today and some last Friday night as well.

I haven't been perfect with my pill this month...I was a day late starting my pack and forgot it a few other times during the month. I never missed a full 24 hours, and I never took it late two days in a row, but I was all over...taking it anywhere between 11pm and 2pm the next day. My boyfriend and I have sex regularly and don't use condoms. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it came back negative, so I'm not sure what to do besides wait it out and test again in a week or so.

Basically, what does this sound like to you? I can't think of any other pregnancy symptoms that I have...no nausea or breast tenderness. The only thing making me think of pregnancy is the late, light bleeding (could be implantation bleeding?) and the slight cramps. I usually only get cramps on the first day of my period and they're way worse than this. Hmm, and I'm extra hungry and gassy, but that's somewhat normal for me. I can't tell if I'm easily fatigued because I haven't been sleeping well the past week, so I'm extra tired but most likely from that.

My boyfriend and I are 19 and in a stable, longterm relationship...while pregnancy isn't what we want, it wouldn't be the end of our lives. Just a huge change of plans.

Oh, and the bleeding was all brown, no red at all. Usually it starts out brown and gets red...this time it was all dark brown.

Hey.. I have the EXACT same problem , on the same birth control. Did you ever get a diagnosis on this? please let me know it would be of great help!

hi i know this is an old post but did you end up pregnant? i had the same symptoms and my period is late and light bleeding and cramping which lasted only a day