I used to take bupropion years ago and lost a lot of weight and got better with my depression, so I decided to stop taking. Now years later I just want to go back and my therapist gave me the bupropion 150mg sr and I dont see the improvement that I had years ago like: energy to do my things, hope...

I didn't loose weight or have any motivation to do so.

Thank you

Hi! Buproprion is still primarily prescribed for depression and both presentations of the drug are recognised for having an effect on weight loss. The only thing is that with regards to treating obesity the drug lost its’ licence for weight loss in the USA in 2013 because of the risks associated with increased heart rate and blood pressure. If the reason you’re taking the drug is soley for weight loss you need to be aware of this as there are other risks involved. The dose you are taking is indicative of this so it’s something you should check out. I hope you get sorted!

Thank you so much! I actually am not taking for weight loss... I'm taking for depression... But one of the things that came with depression was weight gain! I'm 20 pounds heavier ! And it'd be amazing to be able to also loose weight! I have no motivation to exercise or keep a diet. Any single thing that happens to me it's enought to eat tons of unhealthy food! I eat until my stomach hurts! Really hurts. I won stop until I'm in pain... So it'd be amazing to stop that