little back story.. i am 23 and i smoked consistently for about 3 years (quit 2 years ago)

started chewing tobacco (dip) 5 months ago

just noticed recently, they could have been there longer, 4 lumps on the back/base of my tongue. They are the same color as my tongue and there is no pain, no pus or any discoloration/discomfort of any kind however, i can feel they are there because of their size, i guess. I took a picture of the inside of my mouth the best i can and the link is here:
http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/mrgrey26/mouth.jpg

If that picture is too hard to see..I found another picture online which looked exactly like these lumps found here:
http://doctorspiller.com/circumvallate_papillae.htm

is this a cause for concern? or should i see a doctor or what? please help, thank you very much.

also.. there is no difference in taste nor have i been sick nor does my family have a history of cancer

I don't think you have anything to worry about..I have them too and have been to an ENT doctor for something that is MUCH bigger in the back of my throat..It could be your taste buds or some bilingual tonsil tissue..You can probably feel them now because you are aware that they are there since you saw them..If you are still too worried,go see an ENT doctor.They will tell you exactly what it is! I am 32 and I have smoked for 11 years now..If you only smoked for 3 years it's like you never even really smoked at all.I wouldn't be worring about it being cancer.But you could have a biopsy done if the Dr. felt it was necessary!..I just had a procedure where they put that scope down my throat to look in my stomach and when I woke up I discovered that the Dr removed my uvula! That hangy thing in the back of your mouth..I have yet to understand why when I never had a problem with it! I won't find out until Monday when I go back for my recheck!
But good luck to you and I really wouldn't worry!!