BEFORE READING: this has some graphic descriptions and a picture. If you can't handle it, don't read this please. I just really want to know some opinions of others. Thanks.

I got my first depo provera shot a little over a month ago. I got it while I was not on my period, but I was supposed to be within a week. I had sex a week later. I never had the period I was supposed to for last month. But a few days ago I started to spot. gradually more blood has come, but nothing major until today. I have been in pain all day, but a couple hours ago it got really bad. It felt like the worst cramps I had ever gotten, and my lower back was killing me. I was in so much pain, I was even throwing up. I stood up finally and felt something just drop. I figured a lot of blood has just came, so I went to change my pad. When I went, I had this fairly big organ looking thing on my pad. Scared me so bad. Normally, I bleed heavy, so I see a lot of my uterus lining, but i've never seen this much or any that looked like this. It also had this stem looking thing coming off of it. I don't know if that's how the uterus is or not. 

Here's a picture: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570…

So does this look like a miscarriage or just the lining of my uterus? If I were to have been pregnant, I would have been almost a month along. I didn't take a pregnancy test or anything, so I don't know if I was pregnant. I was nervous a week or two ago, but my boyfriend calmed me down about it. 

Thanks for any help!

OK, I really don't want to see the picture, but there is no need to do so - the description is detailed enough and it sounds like it definitely might be miscarriage to me. Especially if the pain was way much stronger than menstrual cramps you usually get. So, if it was miscarriage and you estimate that if you were pregnant you would be a month already, a simple home pregnancy test could give you the answer because pregnancy hormone still would be present in your urine in enough amount for it to detect it (it takes a while after a miscarriage as well as an abortion for hcg levels to go down).

Thank you for your help! I'm definitely not ready for a child, so it definitely shocked me. I have been on birth control for a couple years now (due to cramping), but I switched about a month and a half ago. I didn't even think there was a possibility of me being pregnant from the protection, though I know they aren't 100% effective. I have just never seen something that big come out of me while on my period. I was really scared. 

Also, I know you personally did not want to look at the picture, but in case someone else reads this, that link doesn't work. So try this one instead and if t still doesn't work then I'll try something else. It doesn't look like anything of a baby had really formed or anything, which is why I was still wondering if it's a lot of the lining of my uterus. But it does have some blood. 
Here's the link: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/Katherine2100/100MEDIA_IMAG1690.jpg

I stopped bleeding the day after this all happened, but would still get random pains down there. I just started having sharp pains and bleeding heavy again. Is this normal?