Last year I have battled genital warts, both on my penis and around my anus. I’ve had surgery twice to remove large patches. Then I was looking inside my mouth after the flu, where I have noticed lumps on back of my tongue. There were several, tissue the same like tongue. I smoke tobacco for years. Could it be papillae or should I be concerned?

That what you describe bumps on back of tongue could be just circumvallate papillae. They are a normal part of the anatomy of the back of the tongue. Maybe that flu was the rason for irritation of your tongue. Since you had HPV and smokeless tobacco use, I suggest that you visit a dentist. He is experienced in oral pathology for routine check-pas. He will be the right person to tell you if those bumps on back of tongue should make you concerned. There were some studies about bumps in mouth that are consequence of HIV. In 36 cases we diagnosed last year only a few had oral bumps on the back of tongue. For the most part they were in the anterior 1/3 of the tongue. Anyway, because of so many STD and infections, you should be sure and show that bumps your doctor, he will send you to specialist if that would be needed.