Hi, I have a question about a certain contraceptive pill. I am thinking about starting to take them, since I have started to be sexually active. I would like if someone could tell me something about Micronor pills. My friend says this is the best pill out there. Is she right? Is Micronor best?

Hi, first of all I feel I should tell you that there isnt the best pill that works great for every woman. If this was the case, than the manufacturers of the rest of the pills would pretty soon be out of business. The truth is that there are many pills out there and that every woman has to find the one that is best for her. If your friend says Micronor is the best pill, it means it is best for her, not that it is the best one in the world. I have tried it too, but my experience was different than your friends. First of all, I had terrible headaches and was feeling very moody. Also, you should know that you are supposed to take the pill at the exact same time every day. If you take it later, there is a chance you wont be protected and pregnancy might occur. So if you are forgetful like me, than Micronor is probably not the best solution for you. But the advantage of Micronor is that it has less serious consequences oppose to mixed pills that beside progesterone contain estrogen. My advice to you is to see a doctor who will perform necessary exams and test that will help you determine what the best contraceptive pill for you is.