Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain to me the difference between Triphasil 28 and the regular one. You see, I was prescribed with Triphasil 28 while my friend uses the other one. Is there some difference in the efficiency of the tablets? I dont want to become pregnant, so please tell me which one is better?

Hi, under the regular one I suppose you are thinking about Triphasil 21. I used to take them, but decided to switch to Triphasil 28. For me, Triphasil 28 is much better. Now, I wouldnt want you to get me wrong and think that there is a difference in the pregnancy protection each of them provide. Basically, Triphasil 28 and Triphasil 21 contain the same combination of hormones in the same concentration. The difference is that Triphasil 28 contains, besides the 21 hormonal tablets, additional seven remainder pills. These pills are not contraceptive, but serve as a remainder so you wouldnt forget when to start the next package. You see, while I was on Triphasil 21 I was instructed to have a seven day break between the packages. But, being forgetful as I am, I used to forget when to start the next pack regularly. And this is not a good thing if you dont want to become pregnant. That is why Triphasil 28 was a godsend for me. There is no break I have to think about. When I finish one package, I just start the next one, without having to think if I have missed a day or two. So, take your prescribed Triphasil 28 without any concerns. It will give you the same level of protection as the Triphasil 21.