started birth control 2 days after my period, wasnt sure if they worked within 1 day so used them as emerergencey contraceptive in case then took them normally, is there a chance i could get pregnant n when do the pills start protecting you?

I just started birth control myself and this is what my pamphlet says about how it works: You start it on the day you start your period and it says it is not effective until you have taken it for 7 days at the same time everyday. It is not an emergency contraception.

That's true, and besides it takes several months for your body to be protected by the birth control pills anyway. You're very lucky if you didn't become pregant becuase there are not nearly enough hormones in a normal birth control pill to act as an emergency contraceptive. Your ovulation schedule may have been such that you didn't release an egg though.
Remember you have to be on the pill for a while before they work, but they're golden after a few months. You can have your period then naturally stop, the day after take a pill, and that evening have sex without worry.

i am on birth control how quickly does it start working when i start my new months pills

I have very irregular periods...since you are supposed to begin birth control on the day of you period..what should I do? I have the birth control but I haven't started it... I have taken several pregnancy test so I know I'm not pregnant what should I do?