just wondering if its ok to just have sex without condom while on the pill.
Been with my boyfriend for a year now and i know he's safe and healthy and so am i. I take my pill at the exact same time everyday...so this shouldnt be a problem right? When i told my doc that while i was on the pill and we also used a condom but it broke when he came, well the doc said not to woory coz the pill covered it....so just to make it feel better for us and get rid of the awkawrdness of the condom is it ok in just having unprotected sex while on pill???

If taken correctly, the pill protects against pregnancy with less than 1% failure rate. This means that less than 1 of 100 women will get pregnant with perfect use.

The pill is one of if not the most effective type of birth control. It stops your body from releasing an egg. Therefore, there is no egg to be fertilized. So yes, you can have unprotected sex with your boyfriend. It doesn't matter if he releases cum inside you if there is no egg for the sperm to reach! If you miss 2 pills, you need to use a backup method for 7 days. The birth control packs say that if you miss one pill, there is no need for a backup, but it may be a good idea just to put your mind at ease.

I have been on the pill with my boyfriend of 4 years. If I miss a pill, especially 2, we use a condom just to be safe. Otherwise, we have and have always had unprotected sex, although he pulls out. This is just a precaution I take... as I tend to stress out over the small stuff..

Best of luck - hope this helped!

Ok, so ive been with my boyfriend for over a year. We had always used condoms, because he lived 3hrs away and we would see each other about once a month. But now, he lives 5mins away and i see him everyday. We decided to go on the pill because it would be easier for us. But im kind of confused, im at the end of the pack, the non active pills, and im on my period, can i still have unprotected sex? someone had told me that i could, but my bf is tripping out and he's getting me worried.

someone please help.

Yes you can have unprotected sex while youre taking the white pills. The pill covers you for the whole month, even when youre on your period.

ok so on the last week of your pill if u keep missing one then taking two then missing one again then taking two till the strip ends does it still protect you on the "seven day brake" or are you more likely to get pregnant? 

I've been on birth control for over a year now I take it every day. Last night I had unprotected sex and I forgot to take my birth control pill so today i took the one from yesterday and my pill today. Could I be pregnant ?

Ive Been on the pill now for two months, I had a question is it ok for my boyfriend to cum inside me because I don't want an unwanted pregnancie as I'm only 17, I always take my pill at 4 or a little bit before,

Health Guru
As with any form of contraception none of them are 100% effective alone.
Not only are condoms a form of contraception they also protect you against some life changing infection such as STD's, STI's and HIV so it's best to always be safe.

im on the pill have beeen for about a year i take it raoughly the same time of the day each day.... just finished my period and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend but he pulled out just before ejeculating, am i all goood or should i get the morning after pill etc? or best to speak to doctor

I thought the purpose of the pill was to prevent pregnancy. It worked that way for me and the wife. They invented it just in time as she was having problems with the IUD.

Helped a alotttt! Thanks a tonne

Hi i just want to know is it true that i must take the pill for 7 days after i have been inserted a loop and i must take the pill and avoid having sex for 7 days.?

Yes so long as you take it everyday you are protected.

Health Guru
No contraceptive is 100% effective on it's own, just like oil based lubricants can cause condoms to fail some other medications can cause the pill not to work so you need to be careful then there is the case that you won't be protected from sti's or std's.

no. on the packs it says its ok to skip a day and take the pill from the day you missed the next day along with the pill of that same day. my bf and i have unprotected sex all the time, he always finishes in me too. (not that im recommending that!!!!!) yet ive been continous and careful with my pills. i have skipped a day and done just as i told you and im just as not pregnant as ever.