I don’t understand one thing. Everybody says heroin is really bad and those who use heroin are not accepted by the society, and considered as low-lives. But heroin is made from Morpheine, and morphine is made and used in medicine to treat pain. How is this possible? Is morphine also addictive as heroin is? I would appreciate if somebody could explain this to me! Thanx!

Hello. You understood these things correctly. Morphine and heroine are made from the same plant, called asian opium poppy. Morphine is used in medicine to help cancer patients and chronic pain sufferers manage their pain. However, it should be used as prescribed and monitored by doctors who have prescribed it. Morphine is also highly addictive. Tolerance and physical and psychological dependence develop quickly. Withdrawal from morphine causes nausea, tearing, yawning, chills, and sweating lasting up to three days. Morphine crosses the placental barrier, and babies born to morphine-using mothers go through withdrawal. This drug has the ability to activate brain reward mechanisms and their ability to chemically alter the normal functioning of these systems can produce an addiction. Drugs also reduce a person’s level of consciousness, harming the ability to think or be fully aware of present surroundings. Words of wisdom : stay away!