Hi, I’ve been in terrible pain for the ten months. I used vicodin, more and longer than it was prescribed, and I got addicted to it. I’m just back from counseling, and from tonight, I’m off that drug. However, I’m a little scared of withdrawal. Has anyone experienced it?

Hi, I was going through the same thing, so I know how you feel. Vicodin is one of the most abused pain medicines. It will be enough to say that it’s a derivate of opium, which is also used to manufacture heroin. I was so addicted to vicodin, and when I couldn’t get it legally any more, I was buying it on the streets. When I stopped using it, I experienced a withdrawal within six hours. I had many terrible moments with muscle pain, restlessness, insomnia and cold flashes, but it was all gone in two weeks. If you told me a year before it happened that I was going to become a drug abuser, I would say you’re crazy. It’s not something that happens willingly, you don’t even notice that you’re addicted.