Yesterday I was cleaning my sons room and found some written recipe on piece of paper. Most of hand writing was unreadable, but I managed to read a part. It was something about Codeine mixed with DXM. Please tell me what is DXM? Also, I want to know what kind of substances are those. Is my son on drugs?

DXM is dextromethorphan. This opioid substance witch replaced Codein (also opiod substance) as active ingredient of cough suppressants on the market. If used sepately with prescribed dosage, both, DXM and Codeine are harmless. But as combination, or like you said Codeine mixed with DXM, they can cause nausea, hallucinations, disorientation, loss of motor skills, etc. Whether or not your son is on drugs, I can not tell you, but you must know that this combination (mix) is used by drug addicts.

Nothing wrong with dxm. But codeine is addictive, and it can get as bad as morphine since that's what it becomes anyway. 10%. And that last comment couldn't be further from the truth. Drug addict's use "addictive drugs" hence the word addict, i use both but not together, they cancel each other out in high doses. Just make sure he uses pure codeine and not tablets from chemist. It the paracetamol that'll kill your boy.
Good luck.

Have had certain experience with both substances I will say the following.

DXM is a dissociative hallucinogen. Somewhat sedating and very very strange in higher doses.

Codeine is a byproduct of Opium that is metabolised into a lowish dose of morphine in the body.

The effects of DXM are much more 'intense' than the effects of codeine and can range from extremely enjoyable and sociable or terrifying and introspective depending on your state of mind and what you are doing.

DXM is mostly harmless physiologically when taken by its self. I.e. an overdose is quite unlikely although there are several known cases of death associated with huge doses of DXM. Funnily enough, at a dose much smaller than this fatal point, DXM will cause one to leave their body and travel over different planes of time and space. Cognition is extremely impaired in this state and driving is definitely not recommended!

Codeine is mildly sedating and can create a sensation of pleasure and warmth. A feeling of being at ease with ones problems. Being an opiate (i.e. in the same category of drugs as morphine, oxycodone or heroine) it is also physically addictive.

As both drugs have depressant effects on the respiratory system (slowing breathing) I would NOT recommend mixing them.
One could simply go to sleep and stop breathing without realising. There are also heart risks associated with codeine. It is important that your son knows this.

I don't want to scare you but I would be concerned about your sons welfare especially if he is younger or not that bright. I can't think of too many other reasons why he would have a 'recipe' with these substances listed in it. Knowledge is power, get him educated about these substances before he tries them or intervene in the best way you can.

regards, t.

Sounds like he's making his own version of purple drank

drug addicts absolutely use both substances, I have friends who abuse them to this day.
I also have first hand experience using both substances recreationally so the first comment is for sure on the rite path. codeine is in fact relatively safe compared to the terrifying affects of dxm, iv had many a frightful trip on dxm and am lucky not to have hurt myself

DXM can make you have full blown psychedelic trips. Not kidding either look it up. (tried it myself as well, feels just like PCP but better in my opinion) and as for codeine just LOL of course that will get ya high and it can damn sure kill you to if you have no idea what your doing (like a kid) Toodles.