My 27 year old cousin is on methadone actually he is on heroin withdrawal and in fact he’s now on methadone maintenance program and as I was explained it should help him in heroin withdrawal. Anyway I want to know about methadone problems for as far as I know it is also a drug and would like to hear what methadone problems are about to be expected. Thanks.

Well from many aspects the methadone problems are of the same kind of a problems related to any other opiate. But methadone is often use in medicine especially in heroin withdrawal. And yes it is synthetic drug or opiates that if overdosed might cause fatal results just like heroin overdose does it. Methadone has prolonged effects on the human organism it also makes you high but there’s no need to take it several times a day only once and that‘s one of the main reason it is used in heroin withdrawal. And if you ask me the person that is heroin addicted might end up with methadone problems-for methadone withdrawal might be even worse of that heroin one for they’re actually more prolonged. And the possible methadone side effects are headaches, sweating, vomiting and nausea, fatigue and weakness, muscle and joint pains. But if methadone usage is under a secure professional medical control than the methadone problems might miss so if your cousin is well treated as it is prescribed than you don’t have to worry about some problems regarding his physical health, the only things that are to be expected are constipation, sweating and itchy skin but it’s only temporary.

hi in answer to your post, i had an ex who had to take 90mls a day methadone.
this is in uk.
All i can really say is, he will get sweats, hopefully not too severe, constipation can be a factor, aswell as dhiarrohea.
He needs to take it same time everyday, and before he starts withdrawing, as it takes anything up to half an hour to an hour to get working.He shouldn't drink as this will kill him, depending on how much he needs to take a day.
hope this helps in some way.Methadone is heroin substitute, but can be more deadly in reality to take than heroin.It can be anything from 20mls a day to 200mls a day.
If he has been advised to take it, make sure he does, because the effects are pretty grim when not taken from what i've seen in the past.

I can not believe some of the made up facts about methodone. Are any of you doctors and if one of you are that is a terriable percentage. well i am and i actually was on oxycotin at very high doeses and if you think that methodone is even close to the high and terriable out of it feeling that oxy gives patients and the rest of you junkies then you are so wrong.
methodone has been around longer than most of all of us and has been used succesfully for many medical conditions. i currently am on 5mgs for my third shoulder surgery. this is major reconstrutive surgery by the way, it is all of the people taking them with the benzo;s that will easily kill a human at he right cocktail dosage. My close friend 27 just died with that cocktail. so oxys are easy to stop and i was worse than most of you 7 8 a day snorting and oral at the same time. methodone can really make you hight and confused so i get my script and lock it. good luck

Um does not really make you high if you are getting high your are dosed to high you get tired and a euphoric felling at first but once stabelized you dont fell much of a buzz at all

yes if you dont take as prescribed but its not even close as being as deadly as heroine, people get in the program to get a quick buzz, and that's far from what happens, if that your goal, the only thing it will get you is in a casket