I would like to post a question. I am little confused, because I get all these different answers. When is woman most and when is least fertile? Thanks for answer!!!

Firstly every woman is different, so these things vary a little bit. A normal menstrual cycle is from 26 to 28 days (day more or less), so if you have for example 28 day cycle then you are most fertile 14 days after your first day of period. But, as I said these things vary with women. And of course the least fertile days are days when women have period. There is even a myth that woman cannot get pregnant if she has sex during her period… well, this is not completely true. Maybe it would be best if you download fertility calculator…it is available on some sites.

Hello speicher, 

Women are most fertile during her ovulation. Ovulation happens when egg is released from the ovary and the sperm can reach it, if you have unprotected sex at this point. Generally, woman ovulates in the middle between two periods (counting from the first day of bleeding). But, this most fertile period lasts only 2-3 days.

However, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly when your ovulation is happening because there are so many things that can affect your period, from stress, health conditions, medications or even simple things as cold. It’s even more complicated if your periods are irregular because you can’t predict when the next one will be, so you can’t know when you ovulate. So, this is not a very reliable method at all, but it’s a rough guide.