My boyfriend and I were fooling around a couple of days ago (we're both virgins). He tried putting his penis inside my vagina but it only went in like an inch and I bled he also had precum, my question is could I get pregnant?

It is very possible but not likely. But just to be safe take a test.

If his penis went in your vagina, you are no longer virgins!.
You will only get pregnant if this happened at a fertile time. But you have given no critical dates/cycle data.

I'm not really sure the exact date for my last period but it was around the 21st of last month

Dates are critical here. If your period did start 21 April and you have a 28 day cycle then 4 May is likely to be a fertile day, with ovulation on 6 May and period expected 19 May.
Research has indicated that some men always have sperm in their precum, but others never (except for residual sperm from a previous ejaculation).
I think the likelihood of pregnancy is very low, but, assuming the dates are correct, then it is just possible. But, of course, you won't be pregnant yet, and you are still within EC time.

If I were to be pregnant when would I start feeling the symptoms? I don't really understand the whole ovulation thing

1. Ovulation is when an egg is released from one of your ovaries. This tends to happen from alternate ovaries, and occurs about once a month, and is started by your hormones.. The typical and most common frequency is every 28 days, but can be more or less.

2. If you do not become pregnant, your body does not need the preparation it has made for pregnancy, so your uterus (womb) discharges that womb-lining preparation, and is known as your period, or menstrual flow (menses).

3. You only become pregnant when a fertilised egg implants itself into your womb.

4. Ovulation takes place on one particular day, at a moment in time. However, as sperm can live in a woman's body for 5-6 days, they can wait in your fallopian tubes for the egg to be released. Therefore you are considered fertile for the 5days leading up to ovulation day, as well as ovulation day itself.

5. Because the only date you can usually be sure of in the menstrual cycle is the period, the cycle is traditionally counted from the first day of your period, and is known as Cycle Day 1 (CD1)

6. With a typical 28 day cycle, the days are numbered CD1 to CD28, the 29th day being the start of the next period, and would be CD1 rather than CD29. Ovulation Day (OD) would likely take be CD15 (CD29 - 14days), and you would be considered fertile CD10 through to CD15. If fertilisation takes place on CD15, then the embryo would probably arrive in your uterus on CD21. Implantation could then take place on CD24 (OD+9), although this can vary by 3 days either way. That is the moment you are pregnant. A blood test a couple of days later could prove positive, and pregnancy signs might start the next day (CD27) just before the next period is due and some home-tests (HPTs) could prove positive a couple of days later. By CD30 80% HPTs would show positive.

7. If ovulation occurs (say) 2 days later (CD17), that would indicate a 30 day cycle, with fertile days being CD12 to CD17. Implantation (pregnancy) would probably be CD26. Whatever the cycle length, OD is likely to be about a fortnight before a period starts.

I hope this helps. If you need more explanation or clarification, just ask.