I have 12 years old girl. I was wondering what is better to give her when she has a fever Tylenol or Motrin. My sister said that Motrin is too strong for her, but her doctor prescribed it. I am giving it second thought about Motrin, because she was taking Tylenol before for fever and she was OK. I’ll appreciate any suggestions.

Although normally I would say you to do what you doctor said, in reality, you should probably just use the medicine that has seemed to work the best for your child in the past. If she usually responds well to Tylenol, then stick with it, but again what if Motrin works better for her? Children's Tylenol is marketed as the 'Pediatrician's First Choice', but ibuprofen supposedly reduces fever faster than Tylenol and lasts longer, therefore making Children's Motrin 'the #1 choice of pediatricians for long-lasting fever relief'.