Hello! I have a son, 12 years old who occasionally have terrible pain in joints of legs, sometimes is more accurate in his knees, but sometimes in ankles. We have tried many of painkillers but nothing have give us satisfactory results. Two days ago, I heard about ibuprofen but my pharmacist has told me that is better to take Motrin? What is your opinion: Motrin or Ibuprofen?

Ibuprofen chewable tablets well known as Motrin are intended for use in children. Motrin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent. It is available in 400 mg, 600 mg, and 800 mg tablets for oral administration. Any side effects you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible.Good luck!

Motrin or Ibuprofen? They are the same. "Motrin" is a brand name for "Ibuprofen" which is the generic name. Most common brand names for Ibuprofen are Motrin, Advil, and Nurofen.