All this started like a common cold. My son had headache, fever and nausea. He even throws up a few times. But it is lasting for seven days now and he gets worse. He has stiff neck and he can not stand the light. A friend of mine told me that meningitis is often in children of his age. Are this things I mentioned the spinal meningitis symptoms?

Hi, I have a daughter who had spinal meningitis. Her symptoms were just like you described. She had fever and headache and stiff neck too. When I took her to a doctor, he said that she has spinal meningitis. It started like common cold. I was frightened. Eventually, all went very well. This condition sounds bad but is not that much. He got his therapy and was cured in couple weeks.

Ok well can you tell me if this sounds like spinal menigitis my son is 5 years old has had fever for 13 days now been to dr 3 times been to 2 different hospitals which one was a children's hospital and they admitted and kept him for 4 days and they done all kinds of blood work on him and they came up negative and Ct Scan of head Ct Scan of abdomen and and EKG which all came back normal he complains with his head hurting eyes burning his fevers are from 101-103 his white blood count did come down then started going back up and then this morn he had fever and he got up to go to the bathroom and could not stand up his legs was like curved in so please help asap I am so worried bout him they can't figure out what is wrong wtih him?