Hi all! Is there anybody who has used both methadone and methadose and noticed a difference or had different reactions? I took some methdose instead of methadone two days ago from a pharmacy and I have had such problem regulating my pain with methadose. It takes double dosage of methadose to get the same effect. What about you? Thx for the info!

Hello there! Yes, it can happen that there is a difference in reaction. Once I spoke to the pharmacist who didn’t have any methadone and wanted to give me methadose instead. I asked her if there were any difference. She said that they bind to different receptors or something like that. So, I decided not to take methadose as I didn’t want to take my chances, I was in a lot of pain at the time.

no difference.same drug

:D hi can anybody help me i have been on methadone now for the past 3 yrs and in that time have lost all feelings for intercourse.

:( I have been on methadone for about 2 1/2 years and i have noticed a declined in sexual desire. it helps to change your mind set try and stimulate your mind sexualy and it helps the body to follow

MY PHARMACY, Told me there was no difference at all, between Methadone and Methadose..I thold them that it may seem so to them, for they read about it on paper, but beleive me (yes) iindeed there is a BIG difference in the two..I have been taking Methadone for Chronic pain for 2/1/2 yrs...... I was given Methadose the next time i went for a refill, and wwwwwoooowwww, This Methadose is ( HARSH) Stuff...There is indeed a BIG BIG difference in the two drugs...Maybe not on paper, but just ask anyone that has to take it..The Methadose feels like its full of acid, or what ever i felt as though i was cooking inside, where as the Methadone that my Doctor has Prescribed for me, works great for this Chronic pain...I will never take Methadose again in my life...

I have been on methodone, dolophine, the 40mg diskettes, (the best) and now methodose for 43 yrs now. And in all honestly from someone who has been on methodone most of my life, the worst by far is Methodose!!Not only does it not hold you, but it actually gives me these bone crushing symtoms, and 70 mg of methodose is like taking 30 mg of methodone. Just like the one pharmasist said, even differant salts in it, makes a big differance. its the very cheapest of cheap makeup of methodone, otherwise they;d be able to call it methodone. Its like comparing a 10 mg brand name valium to a generic valium, they are like taking two totally differant drugs. Methodose is horrible and i have to drive 30 miles one way for methodose, i am going to transfer to another clinic where i'll have to drive over an hour one way...

I to had the same problem, I was tested for low T (testosterone) And sure enough my levels were low. I now take an injection once every ywo weeks of testosterone perscribed by my Dr. And sm better then ever.

Hi, I'm in BC, Canada and we now have methadose to replace methadone. The methadoes is 10X stronger than the methadone as it isn't diluted. I'm on a very low dose, 14 mg per daym, which should translate to 1.4 mg of methadose. However I tried reducing to see what effect it would have, and so far I'm down to .9 mg with no ill effect at all. I suspect this stuff is much stronger, even taking into account the 10x potency. I'm going to try .8 today and see what happens. I know this post is old, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in for other people looking for information as theres not much out there, particularly on the undiluted Methadose. Will keep posted as to what the ACTUAL equivalency is when I've done my "field testing".

who ever you talked to is ignorant for one it binds the same ou opioid receptors in the brain the difference is one is a liquid the other is a pill besides that it does'nt bind to different receptors

both liquids...Ive been taking 80mls of "methadone" a day for the past 20 yrs.  Now that Methadose has taking over I have had my dose at 150mls and still do NOT get the effect I got from methadone.  I hate the c**p, I have done some research and bascially it is made with different fillers which some patients do not process as well as others.  The government changed the makeup of the drug as it costs them less then 75 percent of what it cost to make methadone..My doctor has had 80 percent of his patients asking for increses in their doses as it just doesnt work the way methadone did sadly.

The smaller methadone tablets are Roxanne pharmas' version of generic Dolophine. Dolophine is just the name brand version of meth. 

Methadose is better for sexual drive

Majority of the people who responded to this post are WRONG. Both methadone AND methadose can come in liquid form, I know this first hand because I've been prescribed both. In addition to that - I have found through my experience and the testimony of other that methaDOSE is weaker than methadone. I transferred from a methadone clinic to a methadose clinic keeping on my same daily mg's and for about ten days I felt withdrawl symptoms because of switching from one drug to the other

as long as it is an opioid it binds to the same receptors,that pharmacist dose not know what she is saying.....