Ive been told that there is a difference between percocet made by Watson and Mallinkrodt. Has anyone ever noticed different side effects or effectiveness?

I have a long history with pain management because of my Lupus and have had a lot of Oxycodone (Percocet) prescribed to me over the years. I know they are supposed to ALL be the same, but I can tell you that there are differences. I can do this in a blind study!!! I have had three main types of 5mg Oxycodone with acetomenophin. The pills that are labeled "Endo" seem to work the best, last the longest, and have the least side effects. Next would be the pills labeled "512" which seem to be the most common that pharmacies give out. They work fine (but it seems occasionally that you can get a "dud" pill which doesn't work quite as well as the next. Not sure why this is. Finally, I have been given the pills labeled "IP" which are absolute c**p. They are supposed to be 100% therapeutically equivalent, but that is hard to determine since I cannot keep them down for more than 15 min. I immediately get severe nausea no matter what I do. I have asked the pharmacists about this, and they have admitted that many other's have complained about the same exact thing with this particular maker. THEY SUCK. I refuse to fill my Rx with these types of pills and will go anywhere else to get something different. My Mother AND husband have experienced the same exact problem. I don't care what they say...there is a major difference. 

endocet made worked better for me. just got a refill, shape was round and pill gave me no relief so called the pharmacist. he said no difference, just different manufacturer. well, there IS a diff. made by watson, no relief and lots of nauseua.

Any pharmacist that says there is no difference in Percocet needs to know there are 116 Percocet products from 88 different suppliers & manufacturers, and there ARE differences.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Most of the suppliers and manufacturers are outside the U.S., most of which are in PAKISTAN. In 1997 Endo acquired certain pharmaceutical products, related rights, and assets from The DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Company -- including Percocet. Believing Percocet was still manufactured by DuPont, I recently asked my surgeon for 1 and no more than 2 Percocets for pain (she knew I was allergic to almost all others.) Having had Percocet (the round white pill of 325 mg / 5 mg tablet of acetaminophen/oxycodone) 15 years prior, familiar and especially satisfied with its effects, there was no reason to experiment with FDA's idea of what was safe and what wasn't. In the absence of my trusted pharmacist, I asked the sub to please forget the generics. She insisted (rather nastily) "There is NO difference! They're all the same!!" I figured she meant Percocet's mfgr (DuPont) had competition with pharms making generics. Within less than 15 minutes DuPont's Percocet left me relaxed and laughing, not caring two hoots about pain, which is EXACTLY what they are supposed to do. The generic (NOT from ENDO) not only didn't look like Percocet, and failed to diminish caring about the pain that I, too, in less than 15 minutes felt disoriented, got nauseated and was hurling. That led to researching Percocet, learning about DuPont's sale, and emailing Endo. When asked how, exactly, they changed the composition of Percocet when they acquired DuPont's chemical compound, they refused to answer by email, which told me the original HAD been changed. I'd still rather Endo and NONE of the "generics". KNOW your pharmacist, and insist your physician specify Endo unless he has reason not to do so, i.e., conflicting medications.

I have been used to the Watson brand of Oxycodone. Lately the mfg. is Actavis and I have noticed a difference between them. I have never heard of Mallinkrodt but it sounds like you are having the same kind of problem I am

I was given Actavis a333 as generic percocet...and Actavis doesn't work at all!!!! I've been taking Watson's and malinkrodt for 3 years and not once had an issue..they both work just fine...but not Actavis. I called the company after walgreens said they couldn't do anything...and filed a complaint. Got a refund but that's it...now I'm stick with pain and bad pills.

Percocet contains oxycodone and acetamenophen. Oxy has no acetamenophen
Oxycodone is time-release so you take fewer pills and less often than with percocet

No, oxycodone is Percocet without acetaminophen, oxycontin is the time release formula of oxycodone. Which is why oxycodone is 30mg for highest pill, and oxycontin is 80mg for highest pill. Not trying to be rude just want to make sure people get the right information.

I just joined this site as I to am searching all drug stores as I have been on Percocet for nine years. There is a Huge difference in the Endocet (Brand name) and any other so called Percocet. My pharmacist and doctor both agree as those that have been on this medication for a long period of time they both have heard the same. I have been taking the Brand name up until this month as she can't seem to get them from the whole seller which most of us have a pain management contract which is good. Our Doctors know where their scripts are being filled as my PCP is very strict as he should be. We are very honest with each other and I like him for the fact he's not a pill doctor. He also has me on Oxycotin 20mg every 12 hours time released, I don't like taking them and over the few years he's been my PCP I may ask him to take me off of them if I feel the Percocet 10/325 seems to be working fine and he will, he likes the honesty in me. I have Fibromyalgia, bone disease that can never be treated live with the pain. I have been on Oxycodone  10-30mg up to 4 times a day this has no Tylenol in them which I have found works less with my condition than the ones with the Tylenol which he's tried me on several options from even the 100mg Fentanyl patches every 48 hours which I didn't like the effects and I asked to switch back. I do know for a fact to answer the question is the generic name of  Percocet the same as the brand name of Endo or Endocet, no its not and by far! I have found that it works better for me than any other pain medications. However my pharmacy  including any surrounding pharmacies around no longer can or have the ability to order the brand name from their whole seller. I have great Insurance through my husband's work and it covers all but 8.00 for my scripts, this is a case of your Pharmacy being able to order the brand name which most insurance wont cover therefor they will not order it. A person that hasn't taking this drug prescribed by their doctor would be fine with the generic name as a persons body that is more less use to this pain medication can tell a big difference. My PCP doctor even writes on my script "brand name" its not the fact I can take the Oxyocodone 10 four times a day but it don't seem to work as well as the Endo and I can only take the name brand as any other its like eating candy. I am not one to like a stronger pain medication and my PCP knows this. However it seems if I can't get it ordered I really have no choice but have him to write out a new script for the Oxycodone 10mg and take a low dose of Tylenol with it. But yes, their is a huge difference in the generic and the brand.  This like any other pain medications I highly not recommend it for any long time use as we develope a high tolerance for a long term, this is why we can tell the difference. If you are like me and must have it to live fairly decent then it is a must. I see so many as well as good Doctors that aren't "pill writers" see so much street abuse on medications. I still have over half of my bottle from last month of the 20mg Oxycotin which I do have the new one as he may write out a hard copy for the following month. I tried not picking this up and told my pharmacist I don't need that one as I haven't used the ones I already have. She had to fill it as several others I must take it is the law. I will turn in the Oxycotin when I see him next month. Hope everyone found this useful as why and how this medication does differ from the generic brand and why most Pharmacist can no longer order this due to most Insurance will not pay for the name brand although mine does, she can't now order it from her supplier. I have had my script now for three days, thankfully I take only as needed as I didn't know this problem was going to arise nor did she. If you must take this I suggest talking with your PCP about the Oxycodone which maybe it too being in a generic is the reason I find the "pure" without the Tylenol don't seem to work as well.    

YES!!! There is a great big difference! Im a CANCER SURVIVOR, I suffer from severe back pain and a combination if multiple problems since surgery in 2005. Ive taken this for pain and i noticed that WATSON IS NOT as EFFECTIVE as Mckelinrodt.. BY NO MEANS! I JUST RECENTLY GOR REMOVED FROM THE NARCOTICS CONTRACT with MY MEDICAL PLAN FOR FAILURE TO PROVE BY URINE TEST THAT I WAS ACTUALLY TAKIN MY MEDICINE WHEN PHARMACY FILLED WITH WATSON and it did NOT RECORD ON TEST THE SAME DOSAGE JUST DIFFERENT MANUFACTER. NOW I NO LONGER CAN GET ANYMORE PAIN MEDICATION .. I ALSO TOT NO RELIEF.. with WATSON , i had to take 2 verses the 1 of mckelinrodt

Watson in any pain meds have been like sugar pills to me. I mean, absolutely ZERO-ZILCH! I even tried taking 2, then 3. Still nothing. I would not take Watson ANYthing!!! Good luck Man. I don't know anything about Percocet because I just switched to them from Hydrocodone 10-325. The best manufacturer for those and a few other meds I take is Qualitest. Qualitest is the best manufacturer for Soma and Hydrocodone that I know of. But definitely not Watson ANYTHING! Hope this helps.

Dang! I hate Watson. It is a sugar pill, I swear to god. I can't believe you went through this! I would be LIVID!!!!!

i wished there would be someone or someway we could get someone to listen!! I am now on Percocet 7.5/325 have been thru disappointment after another I can't get relief no way I turn u kow theres a problem when u have to take 5 just to get relief then u run out I just want my meds to work how do u get the name brand and who manufactures it

I have recently noticed oxycodone -acetaminophen 10-325 is NOT working at all.
I have put in complaints to pharmacy, FDS, insurance company, doctor and Quest Diagnostics because it shows NEGATIVE for opoids, I take 1, four times a day, no pain relief and no result I'm taking.
EVERYONE needs to contact FDA and file a complaint and with manufacturer as well!
Only way to be looked into or rectified,
SOMETHING IS HORRIBLY WRONG.
Please, go to FDA website & report!
Thx

By the way manufacturer is Actavis which has been bought out by Teva, and Allergen bought out by Teva as well.
NO more Watson, now Actavis manufactured in INDIA & distributed by Teva, very confusing
Medication, pill is white oval shaped with A333 on one side.
AWFUL !!