Hello, folks. My child has some severe sinus infection problems. I was recommended to give him Mucinex, but I am not sure since he has asthma. Is this product contraindicated for someone who suffers from asthma? I really need this piece of info. I hope someone will reply me. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Mucinex D is recommended for sinus infections. Your neighbor recommended it well. However, you should consult your pediatrician. Asthma could be an obstacle when it comes to Mucinex D. I think even people with chronic bronchitis should be careful when it comes to this product. I am sorry I don’t know more details to help you. I hope you will find the answer. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello there christophorus,

I completely agree with the poster above me. First of all because your child is suffering from asthma you must be careful not just with Mucinex but with all sort of other medications, second, you should visit your pediatrician anyway. There is no need to risk any side effect and this is the only way to do things right, consulting a medical expert.   

I hope that you will find good solution for this and that your doctor will provide you with some useful advice what to do in the future. Keep us posted about your son’s condition and I hope that he will get well soon. Good luck with all this.