Hello, guys. My little neighbor has been diagnosed with Perthes disease. This was done after several tests due to his complaining on hip pain and limping while walking. I would like to know if there is any chirurgical operation included here. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hello. Surgery is not always needed with Perthes disease. Most cases are mild. Observation is all that these kids need. Only in severe cases, caskets and braces are recommended. Surgery is recommended for even more severe cases. Its purpose is to put femoral head in place while it heals. I hope this helps you. Please, let me know if you need any piece of info more. Bye! Good luck!

Hello, there. My neighbor had Perthes disease. As far as I know, she had surgery. But she was diagnosed pretty late with the disease. I think she was 11. I have read that it is better to diagnose this disease with very young kids. My neighbor had to have this operation, although most kids don’t. I hope your little neighbor will feel better without operation. Good luck to him! Bye!