Hello. I'm 29 year old mother and I have some questions about my son’s present health state. You see, all problems started about a year ago. My 9 year old son started to complain how he can not stand cigarette smoke in the house. We didn’t consider this to be anything serious but we avoided smoking when he is in house.
About three months later he came back home from playing outside with kids and he told us that he has some difficulties in breathing and in few hours it was ok again.
We didn’t know what could cause it but we took him to se his GP which after few allergy tests determined that he maybe suffers from asthma. Please tell what facts I should know about it!

Well, I'm very sorry you son develop this disease and that’s why I will tell you everything I know about it. I don’t want to scar you but I must tell you that asthma is a lung disease that can be life threatening.
Your son probably experienced one small asthma attack. In people who suffer from asthma cells in the air tubes such as bronchus make more mucus than normal and this mucus is thick and sticky and often can clog up the air tubes.
You probably don’t know that asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease. There can be several possible triggers for asthma attack such as cigarette smoke, fragrances, paint and gasoline fumes.
With avoiding common triggers and use of medications called bronchodilatators asthma can be successfully managed.