I am wondering if this product is safe for me to take for allergy relief. I am a 67 yrold femal with hemochromatosis and want to be sure this medication is safe to use. Thank youMyrna

Mucinex is not for allergy relief. It is supposed to help break up chest congestion when you have a cold. I tried it last time i was sick with a bad cold, it did not work at all. It isn't cheap either. I paid $9.00 for nothing.
Anyway, i am an allergy sufferer as well. After trying a ton of stuff, i found Zyrtec. One pill, once a day, that's all. This is the only thing that i have found that really helps me. I am allergic to dust, cats, wild flowers, cut grass, pollin, mold and oddly enough propane, which we used to heat with. Switching back to electric heat is costly, but at least i'm alive.
Anyway, try Zyrtec. Get it at any drug store or dept. store. 24 pills are $22.00, i know, but i feel much better.

I was given a shot of mucinex before it was over the counter - when I start sneezing I start coughing and my stomach aches so much - I was told zyrtec an make you sleepy - claritin does nothing - I just need to makle sure that nasal drip doesn't settle in lungs