Hi, I eat Mini-Wheats for breakfast and for supper every single day, which means, one box a day. It has 1600 calories, and plenty of carbohydrates. I am trying to lose some weight, and I heard that this kind of things is good for a diet. I am addicted to Mini-Wheas, will it help me lose some weight?

Hi, I am on a diet myself, and Mini-Wheats are exactly what I’m trying to avoid. If you want to lose some weight, don’t eat one box of Mini-Wheats once a day, but once a week. These carbohydrates are empty and they have no nutrition. Beside that, 1600 calories from carbs and sugar is too much for one day. I understand that you’re addicted to it, but I really recommend you to replace Mini-Wheats with real cereal that have no sugar and other supplements added. I cook cerial with milk, very little brown sugar, one chopped banana and little cinnamon. Try this simple recipe, you’ll love it, and it’s much healthier than one you buy in a shop. Try to have a balanced diet with fruit, vegetables, yoghurt and fish. Carbs from rise, bananas and integral bread have much more benefits than carbs from Mini-Wheats.

nedda... i totally know how you feel. its such a crazy addiction! i will be in class and have a HUGE craving and i will get anxious and figidy until i actually go home and have a bowl. its like withdrawl! i was thinking the same question myself so i'm glad you've put this post up. i too am looking to diet/lose weight and i was curious to see if my addiction is actually doing me any good.

What is is with this cereal? I don't eat it anymore, but when I did I had a very hard time not refilling my bowl over and over. And my son has aksed me to keep it out of the house, he was starting to go through a box a day. I'll never buy it again.

I am being controlled by the Vanilla Frosted Mini Wheats. I eat them for breakfast, lunch and late-nite snack. I am trying to eat whole grain foods and when I stumbled upon these, I was hooked. A few weeks ago, I ran out of Miniwheats and went a few days without them. I was on edge and very easily aggitated during this time. I bought 7 boxes when I went shopping and immediately returned to normal after downing a bowl.

I have my cereal cupboard stocked with about 10 different cereals, but the others pale in comparison and I can't get past the Miniwheats. I am trying so hard to eat well, but this cereal has got me trapped.

but would cut costs while expanding coverage to everyone.

Hi Everyone

I have the same problem! i can not stop eating vanilla mini wheats and i dont know what to do . They are so much $$$

I'm so glad I found this page. I'm addicted to Frosted Strawberry Mini Wheats. I go through 2 boxes a week. I eat them for breakfast, snack and sometimes dinner. I'll eat with milk or without. They are so good! I wondered if there was something in them that my body was needing. (I've heard thats the reason for some food cravings)

Apparentely there is a Mini Wheat epidemic bc I too eat the hell out of them!! LOL... I eat them every night for dinner...sometimes I eat during the day..sometimes I don't..if I do..It's usually either a bagel or one of the chicken noodle soup "to go" or drinkable soup, whatever it is called...sad I dont even know what I am buying or eating huh? hahaaa...oh well, anyway, to answer your question, unelss you have a metabolism problem...YES you WILL loose weight. naturally it doesnt have the nutrition you need...yea I get that...but oh well.. if u want to loose weight...then go for it..bc it DOES work...been there done it..currently STILL doing it and have lost at the least 80 lbs this past year. ...my size 2 from a 12..doesnt lie.

Apparentely there is a Mini Wheat epidemic bc I too eat the hell out of them!! LOL..I eat them every night for dinner...sometimes I eat during the day. Sometimes I don't..if I do..It's usually either a bagel or one of the chicken noodle soup "to go" or drinkable soup, whatever it is called..sad I dont even know what I am buying or eating huh? hahaaa..oh well, anyway, to answer your question, unelss you have a metabolism problem..YES you WILL loose weight. naturally it doesnt have the nutrition you need..yea I get that..but oh well.. if u want to loose weight..then go for it..bc it DOES work..been there done it..currently STILL doing it and have lost at the least 80 lbs this past year..my size 2 from a 12..doesn't lie.

I AM ADDICTED TO FROSTED WHEATS TOOOO!!!! i just started eating frosted wheats and i cant stop eating them. I sat down and started eating them, next thing you know i finished a whole box in one sitting. Its crazy. Although, i always get the generic frosted wheat cereal. Like safeway brand, or albertson generic. I have LOVED all the generic mini wheats but what is weird is the actual non generic KELLOGS Mini-Wheats cereal was finally on a really good sale. (4 boxes for $10 + free gallon of milk!!!) So i was like "hell ya, i have been wanting to try the name brand".

So i bought the name brand and had my first bowl.... Not as good as generic, not even close. I was almost disappointed, because i have to got through 4 boxes of this stuff. I DONT KNOW what it is, it is just not as good. Maybe not as much Frost and it also gets soggy faster. But it has helped my addiction. I don't crave them anymore.

If you want to taste the Best FROSTED WHEAT CEREAL GO GET GENERIC! IT IS WWWAAAAAYYYYY BETTTEEETRRR. I want to melt it down in a spoon and shoot up these wonderful generic mini wheats.

I've gained 15lbs. From this Cereal...