I had cervix cancer surgery and I finished my chemotherapy treatment two weeks ago, but my question is related to zofran addiction. Is it possible to be addicted to zofran for I was on zofran for quite some time and that is during all my chemo in order to stop nausea and vomiting? And now when it’s all finished I‘ve noticed that as soon as I stopped taking zofran my hearth beats faster and I’m anxious and depressed. Do you think I might have zofran addiction?

No I don’t think you might be zofran addicted for it’s been proven this drug can’t make the patients dependent on it. Maybe those are just some kinds of zofran withdrawal that makes your hearth beating faster, but also in some other patients this could make their hearts beating slower. Anyway zofran was prescribed to you to deal more easily with your nausea and vomiting that usually comes along with chemotherapy and usually is prescribed to the patients who feel nausea and vomiting even 2 or 3 days after the chemo is performed. I am positive that here’s no case of zofran addiction for it is proven zofran is well tolerated but only in small percent of cases in some patient it may cause-headache, diarrhea, fever and constipation and also fatigue but all those side effects are of mild character and are easily to deal with. And I recommend keeping in touch with your physician and telling him about how you feel, but I’m pretty much sure those are just the signs of zofran withdrawal and it’s more likely they will go away on their own without causing any serious condition.

I think they are wrong... I take it.. nd when i stop I get very small withdrawal symptoms... That go away when I take it. ??

I have like nauseous belly a lot no cancer. (So sorry for those who do) but I feel like I need zofran every morning or I wanna puke. So I thought I was addicted to. But no not addicting but very amazing

I had the exact same reaction to the zophran !! My heart is racing, i feel very anxious, i get a very strange wave of heat all over my body, hot and flushed, then i get nauseous, throw up, then I'm freezing cold and freaking out, i literally want to jump out of my skin

Anyone who is willing to say that Zofran is addicting and thinks there is actually a withdrawal to it has some underlying issues. Zofran is a nausea medication and if it were anything of the sort, doctors wouldn't prescribe it to pregnant women. Such accusations puts unnecessary fear into others. I have taken it for years off and on and NEVER had any so called withdrawal. This is not a viable issue.

People are looking for answers to THEIR symptoms, some compassion would be nice. Don't kid yourself with the idea that doctors would not prescribe to pregnant women, (if it were not safe) imagine thousands of children born with birth defects when mother's were given a new wonder drug for nausea, it was called thalidomide. Literally thousands. How many children are harmed by vaccines currently?
It's great that you have not experienced problems with being on again off again for years, you are not everyone, you are just one, no more no less. Maybe prefacing with the fact that you are stating an opinion.

I have been on Zofran for 7 yrs for a chronic condition caused by a mishap as the Dr wants to call it, that happened in surgery. I was left in horrible pain but also nausea I could hardly stand that at times I blamed on the pain medication.
I recently had 2 surgeries from a surgeon not from the US and now plan to stop the pain medications. I am going to a rehab in 2 weeks. I decided I would stop the Zofran myself since it supposedly is NOT addicting. Well I beg to differ. If I don't take it I tremble all over, sweat till its dripping off my nose and my hair becomes soaked. I also have heart palpatations. Now I wasn't expecting any of this. I never dreamed I would have such a reaction. This is day 3 and it has gotten so bad I don't want to go for the rehab. If zofran is this bad I am terrified of what is coming.
Also I can stop it in under 10 mins by taking the one that dissolves in your mouth. This is not psychological. It's absolutely physical.
SOMEONE NEEDS TO RETHINK THE 'IT'S NOT ADDICTING ' THEORY!!!

Just because it didn't happen to you don't say it didn't happen to others. You have no right to judge. Seems like your just writing cause you like to read your own writing!

I take it for stomach problems, and I have myself worried about being addicted to it, because without it I am nauseous. I have tried to pin point my nausea according what I have ate or drank, but that really hasn't helped but the zofran does!

Yes, it is addictive. My mother in law has been on it for over 2 years, and when she tries to get off of it, she has all the symptoms of an addict.

I have severe anxiety disorder and tramactic brain injury and far as addiction i would have to say we get used to different things and if are body like to have that and we dont want it anymore than we have to take control and our fear...i use zofran 8mg ODT. I used to think i was addicted to pepto from nausea ur not and ur arent to zofran either om on the biigest addiction in benzo i take 2mg 2 times a day. So to answer to this question its not the medicine your addicted to it the fear on how to control the nausea

I work as nurse in a skilled nursing home. Many patients who are on Zofran chase the med-cart all day long to get one more tablet. Clinical studies may say that it's safe, but I've seen lots of patients that addicted to Zofran.

Anyone who thinks they never prescribe addicting and or harmful drugs to pregnant women, have some serious issues.